Amazon Firestick is no doubt one of the best media streaming devices in the market. It allows you to stream media content from a digital source to an HD TV. So, in this post, we are going to have a little discussion on Kodi Firestick – How to Install Kodi for Firestick.
You might have heard about Kodi if you are a big movie buff and like watching movies and TV shows more frequently than any other thing. With Kodi, you can watch movies from the internet as well as your local storage source. It is available for the various platforms. But can you use it on a Firestick? Keep reading to find out.
In the next section, we are going to talk about various methods you can use to download and install Kodi on Firestick. You will have a clear idea on how to install the app once you have finished reading the post.
Install Kodi on Firestick using Downloader
This is the very best method of the few that we are going to discuss today. It is the easiest and the safest way to download and install Kodi Firestick. In this method, you just need the Amazon Firestick and a good and stable internet connection and you’re ready to roll.
How to use Kodi on Windows PC
- Fire up your Amazon Firestick and you will have to do a few tweaks to the settings before you could install the app.
- Open the Settings tab from the main screen. And then navigate your way to System/ Device.
- Select Developers option to open its menu and then turn on the ADB Debugging and Unknown sources options.
- After the above step, go back to the main screen and go to the search icon. Type Downloader and then click on the OK button.
- The Firestick will display the results and you have to select the Downloader from Apps and Games.
- Then click on Get or download to download the app and it is free to download.
- After the Downloader has been installed, open it and type this link in the blank field: bit.ly/2hD04qA and press the download button.
- This will start the Kodi Firestick download. After the download is complete, click the Install tab to start the installation process.
Kodi Firestick will be installed after a few seconds and then you can use the app on your Amazon Firestick. You can find the app from the main screen under the Apps and Games section. Now, in the next part of this post, we are going to see yet another method to use Kodi on Firestick.
Download Kodi Firestick by sideloading
This one is a little unconventional method by which you can use Kodi for Firestick. For this method, you need to have an Android device and a Wi-Fi with a fast internet connection. In case you own a iOS device instead, then you can always refer the previous method.
- Install Kodi on your Android device from the Google Play Store and also the Apps2Fire app.
- Now, start you Firestick and go to System from the Settings menu. After that, select About and then Network from the drop down menu.
- This will show a window with the network details of the Firestick along with the IP Address. Note it down on a paper for future reference.
- Open the Apps2Fire app and go to the Setup section. There, paste the IP address you just noted down and then click Save to save it in the app.
- Go back to the home screen of the app and select Kodi from the Local Apps list.
- Then, select Install Kodi on <your Firestick IP address>. Make sure that you have connected both the devices to the same Wi-Fi Network.
- This will sideload the app on Firestick through the connection and it will be installed on the Firestick in a very short time.
Now, you can find it from the Apps and Games section on your Amazon Firestick. This ends our second method of installing the app. The method was quite long but it was rather easy. Now, in the following section, we are going to understand the benefits of Kodi Firestick.
Benefits of Kodi for Firestick
Now you have two different methods of running Kodi Firestick. You can use either one of them to get the job done. You get numerous benefits out of the app. There are a lot of great features in the Kodi app, so it will be a treat to use the app on Firestick.
Check out how to get Kodi on iPhone
Here are the benefits when you use the app on Firestick.
- Watch videos and listen to music all in the comfort of your home. You can choose to stream from your own storage or from the internet.
- Movies and TV are always at the tip of your fingers and you can enjoy them in qualities up to 1080p. You can get them from various add-ons from the internet.
- Add-ons in Kodi Firestick allow you to stream as well as download all the latest and even old movies and TV shows from the internet.
- Watching Videos is always the best when the screen is bigger and has an HD resolution. So, if your Firestick is hooked up to an HD TV, it can’t get any better than that.
- There are various music add-ons that give you access to the best music sources on the internet. You can even listen to the radio with the help of add-ons.
- The weather forecast is also a thing in the app that started quite recently. So, you can keep up with what’s gonna happen with the weather in the near future.
These were some of the benefits you get when you install Kodi on Firestick and use it. You just have to have a stable internet connection and then you can use Kodi Firestick to its full potential.
With this, we’d like to end Kodi Firestick – How to Install Kodi for Firestick here. We would like to thank you for reading it all the way to the end. You have the installation guides for the app with you. If you have face problems with them, find us at Kodi App and we’ll be happy to solve them for you.