Kodi Chromecast is the without a doubt, the best combination if you want to enjoy the movies and TV Shows on your TV using this App. Now, we have prepared this post with the main topic of discussion being Kodi Chromecast – How to Install Kodi for Chromecast.
Today we will impart to you the knowledge we have about the procedure of using Kodi for Chromecast. It is a very amazing and great media player that helps you to watch videos and listen to music among other things. You can also stream and download content from the internet.
Chromecast is a casting dongle which can stream any content from your smartphone or PC to your TV. In the upcoming sections, you will learn how to Install on Kodi Chromecast using different methods.
Install Kodi Chromecast using Android
There are a few methods to use Kodi for Chromecast. We are going to discuss them one by one in this post. With Android, you can use the Kodi Chromecast combination in two different ways. But you can only stream the app to a TV using an Android device. You can not do it with the help of an iOS device.
So, after getting that out of the way, let’s start with the methods. The two different methods in Android are both relatively easy. One method makes the use of a simple casting app and the second one uses the ES file explorer. The latter one is bit lengthy and tricky.
You can also use Kodi on iPhone
We will start by discussing the first method, which is using a casting app to Install Kodi on Chromecast.
Using a casting app:
- The first thing that you need is the Kodi App. In case you don’t have it, download it on your Android device from here.
- Now plug in your Chromecast dongle into your HDTV.
- After that, you will need a casting app for which you have to get one from the Google Play Store. There are a few on the Play Store, but we will recommend Google Home which is quite good.
- Once you have installed the app, launch it on your Android device. Make sure that your Chromecast device is turned on.
- Open the Google Home App and open the menu and select the “Cast Screen/audio option” from the list.
- Select your Chromecast device and that will cast your entire screen to your TV and you will be able to watch everything that happens on your phone on the TV.
- Now, open the Kodi Chromecast app and open any video that you would like and it will also start playing on the TV simultaneously.
ES File Explorer method:
- This method is a little longer than the previous one and a bit tricky. So keep your eyes open and follow the steps carefully.
- You have to download ES file explorer and LocalCast from the Play Store. Then download this xml file which is an integral part of the process.
- Open ES file Explorer and go to Settings> Display Settings and make the hidden files visible.
- Now you have to move the xml file to this location: Android> Data> org.xbmc.kodi> files> .kodi> user data.
- After moving the file, open Kodi and start playing any video you like. It will automatically launch LocalCast.
- Then, you just have to press the play button to start the playing the video or songs on your TV.
So, these were the two methods to watch Kodi on Chromecast. We made the use of an Android device in the above methods. The fact that the iOS users can use their iPhones or iPods can be a bummer for them. But don’t worry because we have a surprise waiting for you in the next section.
Install Kodi on Chromecast using PC
For those who doesn’t have an Android device, they don’t have to worry because we have a method right here with us which they can Install Kodi on Chromecast to watch movies and TV shows. So now, everyone with a PC can enjoy Kodi for Chromecast. Let’s take a look at the process.
Check out this similar post: Kodi on Firestick
Before carrying out the actual steps, you should note that for this process, you will need the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Download and install the Chrome browser for PC from here. If you already have it, then skip this and the next step.
- It goes without saying that you need to have the Kodi Chromecast App on your PC is you want to cast it from the PC.
- And also make sure that your Chromecast device is plugged in and turned on.
- After you have installed Chrome on your PC, launch it and complete the setup.
- Now, open Chrome and open the menu from the top right corner by clicking on the menu button.
- Select “Cast” and it will open a small pop-up in the middle of the main screen.
- Pull down the drop down menu and select Cast Desktop. And then select your Chromecast device from the results.
- Now, your entire desktop screen will start streaming on your TV.
- Minimize Chrome and open the app on your PC. Search for any video and play it. The same thing will also start playing on the TV via the Kodi Chromecast combination.
This completes the Kodi Chromecast guide for the PC platform. As this process can only be done on an Android device and a PC, you can’t use a iOS device to do that. So, this process can be very useful to those who doesn’t own an Android smartphone.
This marks the end of the discussion of the post on Kodi Chromecast – How to Install Kodi for Chromecast. We hope that you have a clear understanding of the topic after reading this post. If you have any queries, then contact us at Kodi App.