Kodi for iPhone is a very great media streaming software that lets you stream Videos, Music, pictures, radio, etc. on your iPhone and other iOS devices. It is available for most of the operating systems. But the topic of discussion of this post is Kodi for iPhone Download Installation Kodi iOS, iPad.
Kodi for iPhone was initially made for the Xbox console by the XBMC foundation as a homebrew application. But they later made it available for most of the platforms including iPhone along with Android Windows, Mac OS, Linux etc. We will only focus on the Kodi on iPhone download and install guide only.
There are basically two methods by which you can download and install Kodi for iPad and the rest of the iOS devices like the iPhone and iPod touch. We will discuss both of those methods in detail in the ensuing sections.
Kodi for iPhone with Jailbreak Download
As you can guess, this method involves the use of an iOS device that has already gone through the process of jailbreak. The main reason behind these methods is that Kodi is not available on the Apple App store.
And this method is also very easy to carry out and doesn’t require you to do any extra baggage.
Check out how you can use Kodi with Chromecast
This method is pretty easy. So, take a deep breath, lay back and relax and simply follow the steps to install Kodi for iPhone.
- For this method, you need the Cydia app. If you have a jailbroken phone, then chances are that you already have this app. Download Cydia from the official site.
- After installing Cydia, launch it on your iOS device.
- Go to Sources and select Edit. Then click Add to add the source for download the setup file.
- Once the pop-up appears, type the following address in the blank field: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/
- Tap on Add Source after you have typed the address in the bar.
- On the resulting site that appears, select the team Kodi source where you will get the setup file.
- Now, select “All Packages” in the next step and then tap on “Kodi iOS”.
- This will open the download page from where you will have to download the setup file.
- Tap on Install and it will ask once again to confirm. Click confirm to start the installation of Kodi on iPhone.
The process will take some time, so let it install and then return to Cydia. You will then be able to use the app for iPad, iPod, and the iPhone once you complete the above steps. This was the jailbreak method. Time for installing Kodi for iPhone without jailbreak.
Install Kodi for iPhone without jailbreak
If you don’t have a jailbroken phone, then no need to worry. Of course, the jailbroken phone will give you more features but you don’t have to risk your device. You can also install Kodi on iPhone without jailbreak because we have that method too. Keep in mind that this process is not easy and it is a bit lengthy.
We have explained it in its entirety in the below laid out steps. Follow them closely and keep a keen eye on them. Before starting the process, you’re gonna need a Mac, Xcode and iOS App-signer which are both free to download and a Type-C USB cable.
- Plug in your iPhone or any other iOS device to your Mac PC using the data cable.
- Launch Xcode on the Mac and select “Create a new project” and then select “Single View Application”. Click Next to proceed to the next step.
- Type a name and an identifier which is unique to the project.
- Click “Create”. After clicking create, Xcode will display an issue about not having a provisional profile.
- Now click on “Fix Issue” to resolve the problem. You will have to sign up with your free developer account.
- Now select a developer team to go with and it will fix the issue.
- Download the .deb file that you are going to need for installing Kodi.
Kodi .deb file Download
- Launch the iOS app signer on Mac. Select the .deb file which we just downloaded for “Input file”.
- Select the profile that we made in the earlier steps for provisioning profile and then click Start. This will generate the installation file of Kodi for iPhone.
- Return to Xcode and select Devices from Window and click on your iOS device from the left side.
- Scroll down and click on the small + sign and select the file you just created in the previous steps and click “Open”.
This will start the Kodi iOS installation process, and it will be complete after some time. This process is exclusively for the people who don’t have a jailbroken device. Besides the fact that it is a bit long, this process works perfectly fine and will definitely help you to install Kodi on iPhone.
Kodi iOS Features
Take some time to explore Kodi for iPhone after you have installed it on your iOS device. You won’t be able to use the app perfectly because the app is a little complex to use owing to its complex design. So, you won’t be able to find out all those features in one go.
Watch Movies with Kodi on Windows PC
Keeping that in mind, we have prepared a list of all the great features that we think are mentionable in this post. Take a look at the features to get a good idea what the app is capable of doing.
- You can play videos, music and even view pictures with Kodi iOS. It also gives you weather forecasts which were added from later on.
- With Kodi for iPhone, you can make playlists, enjoy audio visualizations of songs, slideshows and even listen to the radio.
- The App can play most of the audio and video formats that are the most common in use. Some of the video formats are MPEG 1 through 4, HEVC, WMV, MJPEG, etc.
- There are tons of skins that you can use to change the appearance of the app. You can get them from the add-ons section in the main menu.
- Kodi iPhone is available in 75 languages. Even if a language is not available, you can make on your own by editing simple strings in an XML file.
- Add-ons are available for watching videos and songs from the internet.
- You can even get the metadata for movies and music like the cover art, posters, lyrics, cast info, etc from various add-ons.
- Kodi iOS also supports Live TV along with DVR and PVR which allows you to record a video and play it back to and from a hard disk.
- If you already have movies and TV shows on a Blu-Ray CD or any other physical media, you can also play it on Kodi for iPhone.
These features are enough to make Kodi on iPhone worth having. Now, if you want the authenticity of these features, then you can install using any of the above methods depending on your iPhone’s configuration.
With this, we end our discussion on Kodi for iPhone Download Installation Kodi iOS, iPad. We have covered both the methods to download and install the app on your iPhone. If you haven’t understood any part of the post, then you can get help from us at Kodi Apps.