We are going to discuss Kodi for PS4 & PS3 Download and Install Guide in this post. It is a simple guide which will teach you how to install Kodi for PS3 as well as the latest PS4. It is the best open source and free software that you can find out there.
With the pretty huge price tag on the PS4 and PS3, they don’t only allow us to play games on them but also stream media with the help of applications from the store like Kodi PS3. Let’s see how.
How to Install Kodi for PS4
Kodi PS4 is a very great application that was initially made for the Xbox console. So, it is only logical to think that it might also be available for the PS4 and PS3. But unfortunately, that’s not the case. We can’t install Kodi for PS3 or PS4 just yet.
See how to use Kodi on Android
Fret not because we have the next best thing for you guys in the store. Plex, as it is known, is a great alternative to Kodi PS4. Below are the steps that you need to follow in order to get the app up and running on your PS3 or PS4 as an alternative to Kodi for PS4.
Use Plex on PS4 or PS3
- Power up your PS console and launch the PlayStation store.
- Go to the Apps section which is right there on the homepage.
- Now, select Popular where you can find all the trending apps and games in the PlayStation store.
- Scroll down until you find Plex. It will take you a few seconds to find it.
- Click on it and open its page. Then hit the download button and let it download.
- The store will install Plex on your PS and then you can open directly from the store.
- Or you can go back to the main screen and enter the TV & Video section. You will find it there too.
- When you open Plex, you will have to sign in with your Plex account. If you don’t have one, you can create one here.
- A code will appear on the ensuing screen along with a link. Visit the link on your computer and sign in.
- Enter the code and hit “LINK”.
- You will get a message stating “App Linked” on your screen. An error will appear stating that it couldn’t connect to a media server.
- Install Plex on your Android phone from the Play Store. Then, sign in with your account and tap on “Stay in Trial mode”.
- After that, go to the Settings and then System and then turn on these options: Show camera roll media, Advertise as a server, and Network discovery.
Also check out Kodi for Firestick
Now, connect your PS4 and Android phone to the same network which will allow you to access content from your Android device on your PS4.
This concludes the post on Kodi for PS4 & PS3 Download and Install Guide. We moved over to discuss how to install Plex because this one isn’t available right now. I’m sure that in the near future the XBMC foundation will hear our pleas and release Kodi for PS4. For any queries on this topic, go to Kodi App.